We’ve all been there. Your thumb is starting to cramp up from swiping, your eyes are glazed over from staring at a thousand faces, and you really need to pee. But still no matches. What could you be doing wrong? Why doesn’t anybody love you? Apps like Paktor have taken Asian dating by storm. It’s fun, it’s easy, it doesn’t even make sense not to download it. But love is not guaranteed and we could all do with a little help to get more matches so here are some tips to get you warmed up.
1) Reach as Far as You Can
Let’s start with the basics. Paktor gives you the option to select the distance/country to cast your search so it wouldn’t make sense to settle for the girl/guy next door, particularly if you’re an avid traveler. Who knows, the next time you take a trip, it could be the start of a Dream Date.
2) Age is Just a Number
You don’t have to date a 25-year-old simply because you are one. Dates with other age groups can open your mind to different perspectives and experiences in life, or just be plain fun!
3) Know What You’re Looking For
Paktor is just a tool and how you use it depends on what you want to achieve. Are you looking for new friends? A couple of dates? A committed relationship? Friends with benefits? Knowing what you want clarifies what you look for. If it’s merely a hookup you want, by all means choose the hottest babe/hunk you see but if it’s Love you want, maybe Plain Jane/Joe has the mega-watt personality you’ve been looking for. Give them a chance.
4) A Picture Paints a Thousand Words
This seems obvious but apparently, not so much. Picking a good photo or even taking a new one will be worth the effort if you want to tailor the right look to attract the right person.
- Face – No one wants to date a Faceless Freak, whether this is because you are too busy to comb your fringe or you think you have a sexy back.
- Expression – Smile. Smile. Smile. These are not school children you have to glare down for cheating on an exam.
- Clothes – Firstly, wear some. Half naked photos of guys are always slightly sleazy, even if you have a really hot bod. Bikini-clad photos will tend to invite a certain kind of attention. (*Disclaimer: If you’re only looking for friends with benefits, they might need to check out your abs/boobs so go ahead.) While you don’t have to dress up to the nines, tees with holes should go to the Salvation Army.
- Solo – Avoid photos with 20 other people. You’ll be small even if they can tell which one you are. Avoid photos with your 2 best friends if they look like Mila Kunis and Cecilia Cheung.
- Lighting – No one wants to play Where’s Wally in the dark. Even if you’re taking a photo in a club, pick a spot under a good light. Do not take photos in a cemetery.
- Background – This is often neglected but where you take that photo says something about you. Selfies at home say you don’t get out much. Club photos speak for themselves. So pick a place that tells your story. Do not take photos in a cemetery.
So what are you waiting for? Go on and Paktor!