Unless you’ve been living in a cave on Jupiter, you know it’s that time of the year again. Say “Hi!” to Halloween 2014 where you’re not cool if you’re not a ghoul. (Okay, okay, that is the last and only joke-wannabe in this article). One of the most happening events this year must be Halloween Horror Nights 4 at Universal Studios Singapore and it makes for a great date idea with 4 scare zones – Demoncracy, Bogeyman, Canyon of the Cursed, and Scary Tales; 4 haunted houses – Jack’s 3-Dementia, Mati Camp, The L.A.B, and Jing’s Revenge; and finally a special stage show – Jack’s Nightmare Circus. Although it’s Halloween, the last thing you want is to frighten your date away so here are a few tips to keep in mind.
If your date has bothered to put on a cute/sexy/scary costume, remember to pay her a compliment but do not just say she looks good. Anyone can give a generic compliment but it’ll be forgotten the next second. Put in a little detail to show her you’re paying attention. Tell her she looks good with red horns. Tell her red is her colour. Tell her red brings out the highlights in her hair. And smile (always check your teeth before you leave the house).
Before you can even get into any haunted house, there is the inevitable and surely uncomfortable Long Queue to contend with. As a good date, this is what you can do to keep your date happy:
1) Keep her cool because, yes, makeup is warm and much better indoors. You should bring a handy fan (or grab a brochure from the ticketing counter) and keep it flapping at her so she’ll look pretty for you.
2) Fetch her drinks to show what a thoughtful gentleman you are.
3) Entertain her with lively conversation to distract her from the 35 minutes of her life she’s wasted on queueing instead of being frightened out of her wits.
When you do get to the scares, remember that this is the moment you’ve been preparing for all your life…to be The Superhero. But, just in case you fell asleep while waiting, here’s how to fake it till you make it…
1) Walk slightly ahead of her (but not so far that she ends up dating the guy behind you) so you can deflect the worst of the bogeyman as he jumps out from around the corner.
2) After her first scare and while she’s still feeling fragile, offer her your hand to calm her nerves (but wipe that slimy grin off your face first, okay?)
3) If she’s holding a big bag, offer to hold it for her so she doesn’t drop it the next time she jumps.
4) Halloween’s a great time for photo-taking and selfies. Take charge so you can make sure after the date, she has at least a few shots of the two of you and not just a bunch of strangers in masks.
At the end of the day, whether you spend Halloween 2014 at Halloween Horror Nights 4 or any other scary event, remember that even the girls who love being scared get scared, and when you’re scared, there’s nothing more gratifying than having a nice guy to cosy up to. So, just be nice and it’ll be a great date!
Photo Courtesy: thefabulousreport.com