It’s Friday night and after 15 minutes of texting your One True Love, you’re scratching your head and wondering what’s going on in hers. Sound familiar? So it’s true what they say. Men are from Toa Payoh and women are from Timbuktu. From the very first text to the big “I Do”, women have a tendency to complicate matters, and playing games is just one way they do so. But curb your fear as Paktor decodes the top 3 games women play.
No. 1 Game: Playing Hard to Get
- She blows hot and cold, swinging between enthusiasm and utter lack of interest. You have no idea if she likes you, she doesn’t like you or she’s bi-polar.
- She could still be unsure about you and is “testing the waters”. Odds are, she probably has other suitors as well and is still looking for the “highest bidder”.
What to Do?
- Play some games yourself. On the one hand, you still want to have your chips in the game. On the other, appearing too desperate is never attractive. When she goes too far, act like you don’t care and let her know you’re having fun elsewhere. Hint at the existence of other girls so she’ll know she has some competition. Be cool.
No. 2 Game: Making you Jealous
- She surrounds herself with men even when she’s out with you and has no qualms flirting with them in front of you. She doesn’t hide the fact that she has other suitors.
- She may enjoy the feeling of power it gives her to watch you suffer or it could be a test to see if you’re the kind of guy who gives up easily. Either way, she’s doing it to push your buttons and see what kind of reaction you give.
What to Do?
- Talk to her. If you’re in it for the long haul, let her know you’re serious and want a committed relationship. If she is too, she’ll appreciate your mature stand. However if she starts denying what had happened or says you’re over-reacting, it’s time for you to start swiping on Paktor again.
No. 3 Game: Testing your Love (and Again. And Again. And Again.)
- She seemed nice initially but suddenly starts making increasingly ludicrous requests (deliver her lunch, clean her shoes, send her sister to ballet class, buy her M&M’s at 3am after you just got home from work.)
- Some girls are just insecure and feel a need to make you prove yourself repeatedly, even though that never seems to work. Or her domestic helper just quit.
What to Do?
- You have to decide how far you’re willing to go for this girl. Are there things you would do (send her to work) and things you wouldn’t (send her whole family to work and then take her Chihuahua for a walk)? Draw the line and then be firm. If she doesn’t change, it means she’s only in the relationship for herself and not for you. Or she really can’t afford a domestic helper anymore.