Though we may be of the same species, there are just some things that differentiate the men from the ladies. The saying ‘Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus’ does come into play, indicating how we think, speak and act differently to quite an extent. From soccer nights to shopping trips, men and women find comfort in different ways. We carry themselves differently, focusing on the traits that seeks to define who we are individually.
But genders aside, are we really that different? Is it a classic case of Superman vs. Wonder Woman? (Yes, they’re worlds apart. Literally.)
Well, these famous individuals seem to think so! What do you think?
1. “Women always worry about the things that Men forget; Men always worry about the things Women remember.” - Albert Einstein
2. “A man’s face is his autobiography. A woman’s face is her work of fiction.” – Oscar Wilde
3. “Men learn to love the woman they are attracted to. Women learn to become attracted to the man they fall in love with.” – Woody Allen
4. “The cocks may crow, but it’s the hen that lays the egg.” – Margaret Thatcher
If not men, how you think you think you get your protein?
5. “Men are always looking for someone to boast to; women are always looking for a shoulder to put her head on.” – Henry Louis Mencken
6. “Men mourn for what they have lost; women for what they ain’t got” – Josh Billings
7. “A good cigar is as great a comfort to a man as a good cry is to a woman” – Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
8. “There is a fundamental difference between men and women – women need romance, men need intrigue.” – Sherry Argov
Even though we may be somewhat different, we are definitely made for each other. Complementing each other’s strengths and weaknesses, supporting one another through thick and thin. It’s like that typical Singaporean saying that most of you must have heard, “AIYAH, same-same but different lah!”
I guess you can say that at the end of the day, opposites do attract after all.